Hawaii-Day 4
Molokai
We took a little 9-seater plane to Molokai. Oh yeah, I was freaking out. I don't particularly like to fly, and then to put me on a teenie tiny plane, I thought for sure we wouldn't make it. But, to my surprise, it wasn't too bad. We could see so much from from the plane. We took some neat pictures from the sky. When we landed, Mike's mom, Tom and Robert were there to greet us. It was a beautiful "little" island. We just drove around and checked it out. We didn't do too much this day. We went and visited with MIke's mom at her condo and she fed us a spaghetti dinner. We went to the amazingly small grocery store and bought milk, bread, juice and few other things. Boy, I don't know how they feed a family on that island. The price for a gallon of MILK was $9.99. You could buy 5 gallons here in good ole Cedar City. But, we made do. The prices are horrendous for everything on that island, but the beauty is worth it. I for one couldn't live there, because I feel so claustrophobic with all that water surrounding me.









0 comments:
Post a Comment