"TRIXY"
(Our Golden Retriever)
YES, I gave in...It was against my better judgment, but I decided that it would be good for Lexie to have this puppy! We picked her up the Sunday after Thanksgiving. The kids had no idea. They were soooo excited when they saw her. She was already BIG (8 weeks old and 14 pounds). They could hardly wait to get her home. She cried the whole way home, and as soon as we got her home, she POOPED on the floor. We immediately had to figure out some way to keep her somewhat gated in. The only place that we could keep her that doesn't have carpet was in the dinning room/kitchen area. So, Mike made a wall out of wood and we used a baby gate in the entryway for the last 3 months. Since it's finally getting warmer outside, she's spending more and more time outside. We took out the baricade in our kitchen yesterday, and it feels like we have a huge amount of space in there now! Lexie has been faithful to take her for a walk daily, which I think has been really good for both of them. She's a loveable dog, and fits right in. Well at least with all of us...but Sadie, that's a different story. She wishes Trixy didn't exist. I don't know that she'll ever change her mind on that one :O)













0 comments:
Post a Comment